The South Australian Government's Economic Priority – Unlocking our resources, energy and renewables, was released in 2014 by the South Australian Premier, Jay Weatherill.
The Department of State Development's Mineral Resources Division has established highly regarded geoscience initiatives, an internationally respected regulatory framework, and a highly skilled workforce to realise the opportunities presented by our resource potential.
To achieve success in this priority South Australia will need to achieve specific key objectives outlined in the Economic Priority.
The Department of State Development has a number of key strategic taskforces and initiatives in place to facilitate and expedite achievement of these objectives.
- Developing a Copper Strategy for South Australia
- Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE)
- Olympic Dam Task Force (ODTF)
- Resources Infrastructure Task Force (RIT)
- Mining and Petroleum Services Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Mining Industry Participation Office (MIPO)